Sunday, March 11, 2018

The film which moved me


Recently during English classes we watched Suffragette movie. The movie is about women without whom history would have gone differently. These women, called suffragettes, demanded electoral, moral and civic rights. They were publicly ignored and ridiculed, later recognized by the authorities as a danger for the world. They were beaten and imprisoned for demanding their rights. Their struggle changed the history of the twentieth century, beginning with emancipation movements and social changes.

This movie made such a huge impression on me, that I thought about what I had seen a long time later. I remember especially the scene in which the husband turns his wife out of the house and forbids seeing his son because he is the care provider by law and she has no rights. After watching this scene, I realized how little knowledge I had so far in this topic. This movie made me realize how much I owe to these amazing women. Until now, I can't believe that even a hundred years ago, women not only didn't have the right to vote, but they didn't even have the right to own children. They had no chance but they didn't give up and finally won. They won for their daughters, granddaughters and great-grand-daughters because they wanted better life for them and what I want to say is only that I'm really greatful for it.

1 comment:

Happiness - what does it actually mean?

What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happi...