Sunday, March 18, 2018

Role models, do we need them?

Recently, I read an article about people who are role models. According to the article, each of us needs such a person, a person whom we can admire and on which we can model ourselves. Especially young people need someone from whom they can get inspiration and who they can follow.
Currently, for many young people the role models are youtubers, bloggers and other people who are known from the Internet. There is nothing wrong with that, in the end each of us is different and is looking for other values, and what's helpful the Internet reduces the distance between famous people and their fans. It causes that such a person is not perceived as unavailable, but often as a friend because of frequent presence in social media.
Reading the article, I began to wonder if we all need a role model? After thinking, I came to the conclusion that yes, we all need someone who will show us the path we want to follow. However, it does not have to be a well-known person who everyone admire. For me, the role model is my 92-year-old grandfather, whom I admire and from which I draw inspiration every day. His words drives me to act, to fulfill my dreams and enjoy life. I love to listen to his stories, because thanks to them I can imagine what life was like 50 or 70 years ago. I am glad that I have such a wonderful person as my grandfather is and I hope that everyone are as lucky as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness - what does it actually mean?

What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happi...