Sunday, March 25, 2018

Smile! Why? Because you can!

If anyone asked me about an event in my life in which I was the happiest, I would not be able to give one particular situation. I remember many moments when my eyes were smiling more than my lips. And these were the best moments in my life, and at the same time the most trivial.
There is a belief that true happiness comes to us on the day of the wedding, when you find out that you have passed an important exam or got a great job while the best moments of life are hidden in ordinary things - in the time spent with friends or in eaten chocolate cake. I remember a trip to one of the Polish peaks on a beautiful July day, I listened to birds singing and enjoyed the beautiful landscapes that passed along the way. I also remember how much I was laughing, almost to tears when I was talking with my friend, or how happy I was when my aunt I had not seen for a very long time visited me. These ordinary things mean much more than traveling to a tropical country or buying a new car. I once heard that a smile is a curve that straightens everything and it is true.
Therefore, instead of waking up thinking about how hard a day is waiting for us, let's smile and be curious about what's amazing is going to happen! ;)

3 comments:

  1. These are very wise words. I SO agree with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely share your point of view! Your post reminds me of a song "Smile" composed by Charlie Chaplin, sung by Jackson in the most popular version. I find this song heartbreaking and consoling at the same time, still, I highly recommend to listen to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more with this post! I laugh almost all the time (as you all may notice) and I don't really control it. I smile on my way to the university, during the lectures, breaks, while walking, listening to the music, driving a car, etc. I just couldn't imagine a day without smiling. Sometimes people look at me like I'm from a different planet, you know, normal person doesn't smile at strangers, doesn't actually smile all the time. But I do, and I don't see any reason why I should stop doing it. I do recommend everybody to try it, the key is to learn how to appreciate every little thing you have - as you said. If you are not happy with what you have - you may never be. The less you need, the more you have!
    Gretings,
    Proscovia

    ReplyDelete

Happiness - what does it actually mean?

What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happi...