Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Happiness - what does it actually mean?


What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happiness is a state of mind and I am the master of my happiness, because happiness is a resolution that:
from now I'm happy. I will not be sad any more, I will not let myself feel any more apathy and I will throw the word stress out of the dictionary. Then it will not exist, and what does not exist is not possible to feel. Anyway, can't you see that you have everything?

We live, breathe, experience. Look at your life. Do you see how rich you are? You are healthy, you can go where you want and do exactly what you want. You have a wonderful family, a dog, friends. You can feel happy because you have a roof over your head and shoes on your feet.
I understood that happiness is an experience, but it is not material goods that are the greatest happiness in life. Being rich means not having more things, but it means accumulating more experience and memories. They are our wealth. These memories will accompany you on your deathbed and you will tell them to your loved ones because your shoes by that time will fall apart and the car will be worth nothing. And what are memories? Good and evil, joy and sadness. Yes, evil and sadness are happiness too because if they were not there would be no reference points. There would be no change, no growth or maturation.

They say that happiness happens in misfortune, and I think it is born of it. Happiness does not exist without suffering, just as a solution does not exist without a problem. The problem here is not suffering, but the fact that you ask yourself the wrong questions. You provoke the emotions you need. That's why you don't have a happy solution, so just stop asking wrong questions and don’t worry, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness - what does it actually mean?

What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happi...