Sunday, March 4, 2018

Feeling lost in a big world


When I was young, I thought that the world is huge and I am only a small part of it in which I can easily get lost. Now, at the age of 24, I experience this loss more than ever before, all thanks to the easy access to everything that surrounds me. The present world is flooding us with thousands of information from each side - beautiful pictures, perfect life of other people, where everything is as it should be. We glance through profiles on instagram and facebook, watch videos on youtube and unwittingly we are bow to the peer pressure, we want to live like people who we admire, to meet the expectations of parents, teachers and colleaques. In this all we forget about ourselves and our dreams, about the fact that not everyone has to be a businessman and drive a Mercedes, sometimes it's enough to do what one likes and do not follow blindly what the media show, because they create a world that does not exist, while reality is more complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness - what does it actually mean?

What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happi...