Sunday, May 6, 2018

Choices

Month May reminds me of my high-school certificate and about making important decisions in my life. I would not want to come back to this time, the time of passing the final exams and further choices. I think that deciding about your future at such a young age is absurd. After all, not many of us, in age of 18 years old, know what they would like to do in life, the most of us is lost and I was too.

I know that when I finished high school I was not ready to decide about my further life, I was not sure what I would like to do in the future. I mean, I knew what my dream would be. I always wanted to combine my passion with the work. However, this collided with the reality, because I knew that the profession of a dancer in these times is not something which could become my full time job. So I had to give up my dreams for a while, returning to the ground, which is why I chose to study economics. Why I chose exactly this direction? I have no idea, the choice seems more absurd because I have never been good at mathematics. Perhaps I believed that economics is a direction that will allow me to settle down by getting a well-paid job. I also listened to the opinions of other, often older, more experienced people who told me that after these studies I would certainly manage to live well. And the best in this story is that it's been 5 years since making that decision, and I still do not know what I would like to do in life. Although I have a mental image of how I would like my future to look like, the question marks still prevail. And I write this all because the period of high school final exams already started, and I do not envy this year's high school graduates, but I am full of hope that they will go with the right path for themselves and are more lucky than me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness - what does it actually mean?

What is happiness? I used to think that it depends on other people, that they are responsible for that how I feel. Today I know that happi...